Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tomato-Spinach-Feta Pasta

Remember me telling you to grill plenty of chicken when you have the grill out and freeze it for future use. Tonight is one of those times-you could use it. WARNING---this dish is for feta lovers---we don't all love feta (not my favorite), but for those of you that do--my friend, Mark----you will love this AND ONCE AGAIN--a healthy dish. (I'm starting to crave butter and heavy cream) 8 ou. Penne Pasta/ 2 T. EVOO /1/2 c. chopped onion /1 clove garlic (I used more)// 3 c. chopped fresh tomatoes (Ididn't have but 2 cups---fortunately the recipe police did not find out)/ 2 c. packed spinach /Salt/Pepper/Red pepper flakes/ 1 grilled chicken breast (you could be a vegan and leave that off-but I wanted the protein)/ Cook the pasta Put EVOO in saute pan and add onion-cook until browned and then add garlic and cook until it smells done. Add tomatoes & spinach and seasonings and cook until spinach is wilted and tomato is warm Add pasta & feta ---stir well---heat until warmed Put chicken strips on top

1 comment: