Thursday, March 24, 2011

IT'S GRILLING TIME AGAIN!


There is NOTHING BETTER than a grilled burger! I had my first one of the season last night and YUMMY!


Ground Sirloin Patties

Seasoning Salt

Freshly Ground Pepper

Onion Bun

CHARCOAL


Build your charcoal (or light your gas grill) fire and let the embers get white-MOST IMPORTANT---a hot fire! Most gas grills come with a thermometer and you need to have your grill really hot


Put the patties directly over the heat and sear (or brown) on both sides quickly. Move the patties over to the side of the direct heat and position the top so that the heat and smoke is being pulled over the meat. I cook my hamburgers 5 minutes on each side. I like my hamburgers well done. If you prefer yours rarer, just adjust the time.


Take off grill--serve hot with the cheese of your choice and the extras on a bun of your favorite type---I LOVE onion buns & jalapeno buns-either is perfect!


YEAH FOR SPRING!

No comments:

Post a Comment